News of the Center for Duck Studies
- February 21, 2000
- Sites which bring frequent visitors to the
Center for Duck Studies have been listed here...
- February 13, 2000
- A few long hidden contributions from Quacks have been rediscovered and
posted. See The Origins of the Universe
and an addition to Bits of Ducky Wisdom,
both of which can be found in the The Reading Room.
- August 15, 1999
- The Center For Duck Studies is settling in to its new home at Jagaimo.com.
It's been a long time since the Center for Duck Studies has seen more than
minor changes, but we expect to see more work in this area over the next
- February 28, 1997
- The top banner, which graces all pages of the Center, has
been shrunk; the typography was redone. The navigational
image maps were redone and have been merged into one.
Some other subtle changes that most users will not notice
have also been made. This week, a new banner is being
used to promote the Center for Duck Studies on
LinkExchange and LPage. See below:
- February 22, 1997
- The First Pope briefly returned home to Kennewick to
catch up on cover-letter writing. A few cosmetic changes
will be/have been installed this week.
- Friday, February 7, 1997
- The First Pope headed to Seattle to search for work. No
updates are planned for the next week, but a new banner
should appear on the LinkExchange service.
- Tuesday, February 4, 1997
- A number of minor changes appeared today, most of which
are invisible or inconspicuous. Of note, more links and a
new Duck image were added to The South Exit.
- Monday, February 3, 1997
- The South Exit has been
updated and new images of the Duck have been added. Also
of note: it appears that the Confessional server is now
more reliable than it was a few days ago. Don't be afraid
- Tuesday, January 28, 1997
- We received notification that
the Center for Duck Studies has received an award from The Award Ward.
Thanks for the recognition!
- Monday, January 27, 1997
- The Center for Duck Studies was temporarily removed from
the server in order to remove baggage from previous
versions. A custom error page for misdirected URLs was
created to be more consistent with the look and feel of
the Center for Duck Studies.
- Sunday, January 19, 1997
- A new addition to the collection of spiritual documents
at the Center for Duck Studies premiered today, The Duck's Position on
the Missionary. Some revisions may be in store, but
we think this is an important statement on the spread of
- Also an important new release, A History of the Center
for Duck Studies was introduced today to give insight
into the origins and the future of the Center. We
repaired some egregious errors in the K-Rad translation
of the Introduction
to the Way of the Duck. All three items can be found
in The Reading Room.
- The advertisement banners are now pervasive.
- Saturday, January 18, 1997 (early)
- Evaluation of server logs revealed that some people are
still linking to the Great Hall. This was leading them to
the "old" Center for Duck Studies and probably
resulted in their experiencing frustrating broken links.
Installed a replacement for the Great Hall that redirects
users to the new site.
- Friday, January 17, 1997 (at a more reasonable hour)
- Added LinkExchange banners in more places. Added links on
the The Holy Sound page.
Initiated a new promotional campaign.
- Friday, January 17, 1997 (with bleary eyes)
- Created a banner for The LinkExchange
to generate more traffic to the Center. Signed up for an Lpage World Famous
Guestbook to host the Confessional
again; we hope they don't drop us again when they do
another software upgrade. Both sites will begin promoting
the Center for Duck Studies using the following:
Feel free to include this banner on your own web site. We
now feature advertisement banners on the main page (the
Great Hall) and we will gradually place LE banners on
other Center for Duck Studies pages.
The Image Map frame for the Center has been updated to
include the new areas. Apologies for the relatively crude
graphic; we hope to create a single, visually consistent
image map shortly.
- Thursday, January 9, 1997 (in the wee hours of the
- Added new entries to Bits of Ducky Wisdom
and graphics to accompany the bits. Thanks to Frank M.,
James McDonald, Don Harper, and Frank M. for the new
contributions. Apologies for the delay. This page is also
- Wednesday, January 1, 1997 (or so)
- The revamped and redesigned Center for Duck Studies went
live. All graphical content is new and completely
original. We hope you like the new design.
- Thursday, December 19, 1996
- The First Pope survived the last two final examinations
of his undergraduate college career.
- Tuesday, December 10, 1996 (we think)
- In a frenzied session of graphical experimentation, the
First Pope began planning for a redesign of the Center
for Duck Studies.